Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Book Cover


This was a fun project to make. It allowed me to experiment with possible books covers for my future books. Just kidding.

In this project, we were supposed to create a book cover with original title, review, novel, reviews, and publishing company. The story for my book cover was about dreams and fantasy so for the color, I chose a light yellow because usually dreams are portrayed with faint light, with everything a little blurry. Or maybe that's just me. The front cover contains the basics- title, author, some sort of design. The design was very simple. It featured a girl's eyes, staring. This is my main character. 

For the back cover, I took a little more time on it. The back cover contains the summary of the story, reviews (fake of course), the publisher, the publisher's logo, and a bar code. After doing the writing, I took a picture, moved it behind the text layer, and slowly erased the top of the text layer. The text didn't disappear but rather, the picture slowly came in. The picture look faded but blended in very well with the background. 
The spine was simple. The title, the author, and the publisher were all there.  

I think I did a pretty good job and it turned out the way I wanted it to. But I think I could have made it more elaborate, specifically the front cover and the spine. Also, I noticed there were some spelling errors. I really should read over and check EVERYTHING before I changed it into a JPEG file. Other than that, it turned out pretty well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment